Vehicle installation/removal of land mobile radios, public safety emergency equipment and associated equipment such as camera systems, docking stations, speed measuring devices, etc.
Working knowledge of automobile electronics (12 Volt systems) and proficiency using basic hand and power tools. Must be able to pass a criminal background check, drug test and have a clean driver’s record.
- Disassembling and reassembling vehicle’s exterior body parts and interior panels
- Properly mounting and securing components to vehicles
- Routing wires and cabling into vehicles
- Splicing wires and/or soldering connections to equipment and components
- Terminating connections on radios, LED lights, sirens, radar components, electrical components
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and/or replacing electrical components
- Documenting all work completed on work orders accurately
- Maintaining a clean, organized and safe working area
- Installer is responsible for providing their own personal hand tools required for job
- Must be available for periodic travel and stay overnight when required
- As some access to secure locations may be necessary, installer must be able to pass security clearance check
- Must be able to lift packages weighing up to 70 lbs.
- Accrued Personal Time Off (PTO)Hours
Previous work experience that may be helpful:
- Automobile Mechanic
- Professional Car Audio Installer
- Military experience on Land Mobile Radio Communications
- Home Security Installer Systems (12Volt Operation)
Radio Communications of Virginia, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we support a Drug Free Workplace. It is our policy to recruit, employ, promote and take other personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability or membership in any other group(s) protected by federal, state, local or international laws or regulations, and to take affirmative action as required by law. Veterans are encouraged to contact us for employment opportunities.