Any industry near Richmond, Tidewater, and Southside, VA, can benefit from having two-way radios for their employees. You may be wondering, though, what type of radios to get for your business. That’s where the team at Radio Communications of Virginia can help.
Not only will we cover the various products that we offer, but we’ll also explain the advantages that two-way radios have over traditional cell phones.
Keep reading to learn about our two-way radios for sale, then contact us with questions or to begin shopping.
Why Get Two-Way Radios Over Cell Phones?
Cell phones are convenient tools for communication. However, they don’t offer the same benefits as two-way radios do.
Here’s why you may want to consider getting two-way radios over cell phones for your organization:
- Durable: Two-way radios are more rugged and durable than cell phones. They can also be submerged in liquid and are fully waterproof—allowing you to use them in any weather condition.
- Lower initial cost: Radios are generally less expensive than cell phones. Plus, a one-time purchase is needed for each device with no contracts.
- No overage fees: Because you’re making a one-time purchase, you’re not required to pay any monthly usage fees or over-limit usage fees like you would with cell phones. You also won’t have any roaming charges with two-way radios.
- Instant, group communication: With a cell phone, you need to dial a number and then wait for a call to connect, which could take up to 30 seconds or longer. Two-way radios, meanwhile, provide instant communication. Push a button to talk and transmit your message right away.
Additionally, cell phones allow you to make group calls, but it involves dialing multiple numbers and establishing more than one connection. With two-way radios, you turn it on to listen, then press the PTT button to talk to your group. That’s it.
In an emergency, every second counts. The ability to communicate with multiple people instantly is more than a mere convenience. For some industries, it could mean saving a life.
Industries That Benefit from Two-Way Radios
Now that you know the advantages of two-way radios vs. cell phones, you may wonder if your business would need them.
There are tons of industries that can do well with getting two-way radios, such as:
One way this is shown is through schools. Let’s say a teacher notices someone suspicious outside the building. They can use a two-way radio to alert the school safety team. That team member will use their radio to remotely close and lock doors to the facility, as well as call 911.
When using your two-way radio, first responders are notified and sent to the school instantly. All of this is done much faster than if cell phones were involved, which could protect faculty and students and help avert a more dangerous situation.
Want to know what radios you could buy for your organization? Keep reading to find out!
Types of Two-Way Radios for Sale
From commercial radios to repeaters, we offer lots of devices and accessories for clear and reliable communication. Here’s just a sample of the products you’ll find in our inventory:
Motorola APX & ASTRO 25 Public Safety Radios
Motorola APX and ASTRO Project 25 radios are part of the world’s leading P25 platform. Not only will you find radios, but software applications, infrastructures, and dispatching systems are available, as well.
With the radios specifically, users can:
- Receive immediate and assured voice in an emergency.
- Obtain accessibility in challenging environments.
- Have reliable voice and data integrated as one.
This future-ready platform can adapt to your constantly evolving communication needs and provides interoperability on demand with P25-compliant certification.
Motorola MOTOTRBO Radios
Transform your workplace with MOTOTRBO XPR and SL series radios. MOTOTRBO’s comprehensive portfolio of radios come in many different sizes, shapes, and durability levels.
With options for standard voice-only to feature-rich data and voice radios, MOTOTRBO provides a wide variety of options to meet the needs of your workforce.
Overall, these two-way radios:
- Boost productivity.
- Seamlessly connect a group of people.
- Help teams work more efficiently.
Want to know how these radios accomplish that? Contact us for more information.
Motorola MOTOTRBO Repeaters
No matter how small or large your company, Motorola MOTOTRBO repeaters can offer a wide range of reliable, clear, and secure communications across your enterprise.
Some of the models we offer are:
- MTR3000 Base Station/Repeater
MOTOTRBO repeaters are the backbone of your two-way radio system, and they provide the ability to utilize integrated voice and data communications in larger coverage areas.
Motorola Commercial Radios
Increase the coverage area in which your workers can talk with simple voice-only communications.
Motorola’s portfolio of commercial radios provides a diverse array of portable and mobile business radios designed to meet your communication needs.
What can these radios do for your business? They offer plenty of benefits, such as:
- Intuitive design: They’re slim and easy to use, offering a push-to-talk feature that provides instant communication to other team members or first responders.
- Elevated service levels: Because you can use these commercial radios to reach other people, you never have to leave your customer’s or student’s side.
- Perfectly paired accessories: A plethora of accessories is available to pair with your radios. From mics and batteries to antennas and earpieces, there’s something for every type of job.
Check Out Our Two-Way Radio Sales Today
If you’re interested in finding a reliable two-way radio for sale near Richmond, Tidewater, and Southside, Virginia, Radio Communications of Virginia is ready to assist you.
Our team is highly trained in all aspects of two-way radios. We’ll help you find the right ones for your business. Plus, we’ll keep them in top-quality condition through our comprehensive system maintenance plans.
Ready to get started? Request a quote today!