If you are looking to move your career, learn the best practices in the installing, repairing, aligning and maintaining two-way radio communication systems and optimization of BDA/DAS Systems, Radio Communications of Virginia (RCVINC.COM) may be the answer!
We seek the best and brightest professionals with a “hands on” leadership mindset willing to take ownership of their work and the team. In return, we offer great stuff: job security, employee benefits, and compensation. The chance to work with a leader in Virginia providing innovative technology and strengthening your knowledge base in the correct and smartest way to install, commission, and optimize Bi-Directional Amplifier/Distributed Antenna Systems (BDA/DAS).
The ideal candidate’s experience with have:
- Hands-on installation experience (5+ years) in the radio and communication area and have extensive knowledge/understanding of two-way radio theory and communications systems.
- The ability to program, troubleshoot and perform system diagnostics on simple and complex radio systems
- Know how to use industry standard test equipment including service monitors/analyzers, watt meters, and hand tools
- Knowledge of battery backup systems, base stations, repeaters, multi-couplers, duplexers, and basic networking skills
- Computer operations including Microsoft Office suite and specialized radio programming software
- A strong background with RF Theory
- Ability to read blueprints and drawings
- Repair and provide technical support and documentation for Low Band, VHF/UHF, and 800/900 MHz analog and digital systems, mobile and portable subscriber equipment, simulcast, conventional, trunking, paging, telemetry, and microwave systems
- Installation, maintenance, and repair of base systems, repeaters, remote controls, multiplexers, antenna systems, microwave systems, battery backup systems, and solar power systems.
- Install and maintain dispatch console equipment
- Diagnose and repair PA systems, BDA/DAS systems, and other electronic components
- Train junior technicians and provide leadership to team
The team at RCV enjoys competitive compensation and excellent benefits including:
- Medical (employer paid for employee)
- Company-Paid Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Long Term Disability Insurance for employees
- Paid Training
- Voluntary Short Term Disability, Accident, and Cancer Insurance
- Potential for yearly bonus (based on company profitability)
- 10 paid vacation days the first year with it increasing in increments at major milestones
- Paid holidays
- Growth opportunity through defined career paths
PLUS, the great combination of a large family owned business that offers financial stability and job security with a small company atmosphere!
- An FCC General Radiotelephone Operator License, CET (ETA), or equivalent industry certification is not required, but preferred.
- **Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and able to pass background check**
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Glen Allen, VA
- RF Technology: 3 years
- Installation: 3 years
- Customer Relations: 3 years
Required Licenses or Certifications:
- Driver’s License
- FCC General Radiotelephone Operator License
Radio Communications of Virginia, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we support a Drug Free Workplace. It is our policy to recruit, employ, promote and take other personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability or membership in any other group(s) protected by federal, state, local or international laws or regulations, and to take affirmative action as required by law. Veterans are encouraged to contact us for employment opportunities.